#NDSUalumni Spotlight

Name: Carrie McTaggart

Graduation Term/Year: Spring 2018

Current Company: Eide Bailly LLP

Current Position: Benefits Administrator

How long have you been in this position: 8 months

• What is the most rewarding part of your position?
    • Constantly growing as a professional through the opportunities I am given, and working with amazing people dedicated to helping me grow.
  • What company did you do your internship experience through while attending NDSU?
    • Eide Bailly LLP
  • Why was it beneficial to register your internship experience through the Internship Program offered through the NDSU Career Center?
    • My internship was required for my program at the time, but it was nice to receive credit while gaining real life experience. I would have completed an internship anyways, so the credits were an added bonus.
  • How did your internship experience help you get to where you are today?
    • I completed a tax internship at Eide Bailly when I was a junior, only to discover through that experience that accounting was not the right path for me. At the end of it, I changed my major to HR Management. I shared this decision with the hiring manager, who then offered me an HR internship for the summer, which carried into my senior year at NDSU. Having that first internship helped me find what my true passion was, and my HR internship gave me the experience I needed to move into my full-time role with Eide Bailly.
  • If you could give any advice to a student in a current internship position, what would it be?
    • Get to know the people who you work with, and take advantage of the opportunities you are given. Do not hesitate to ask someone out to lunch that is in a career you hope to be in someday. They have years of experience and can share valuable insight on how to get to where they are. Also, the connections you make may help you as you begin to look for a full-time position.
By Courtney O'Hotto
Courtney O'Hotto Graduate Assistant