Major: Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering
Company: Doosan Bobcat
Location of Internship: Wahpeton, ND
Internship Title: Design Engineer Co-op
- Why did you choose the company that you work for?
- I was familiar with their equipment, and I couldn’t pass up such a great offer to work for a great company.
- What were some of the job requirements for your internship?
- There were not any requirements, but I was interviewed based on the fact that I had several jobs in the past. They really valued my great hands on experience.
- What is your favorite part about your internship experience?
- My favorite part, is how much they allow me to do. I have several projects that I am in charge of, and get to see through to the finish product.
- What is the most challenging part of your internship experience? How did you overcome these obstacles?
- The most challenging part, was being introduced to things that were foreign to me. I overcame this by the help of my supervisors. They were always very helpful, and I made sure to pay close attention to all of the small details they gave.
- How did you find your internship?
- Through an NDSU Career Fair
- Why was it beneficial for you to register for credit(s) through the Internship Program offered through the Career Center?
- It was beneficial, because I gained credit that I can use towards graduation just by going to work. Also, all the experiences I have gained through this internship will help me in the future.
- What advice would you give to a student who is in the process of applying to an internship?
- You need to put yourself out there. Being a student at NDSU provides you with a lot of opportunities to excel in your field. Make sure to take advantage of what they have to offer, and do not be afraid to put yourself out there.