Major: Civil Engineering
Company: Chetoni letto lngegneria
Location of Internship: Pisa, Italy
Internship Title: Civil Engineering Intern
- Why did you chose the company that you work for?
- When I applied for a study abroad internship program, I found this opportunity the most interesting out of the options I was given.
- What were some of your job requirements for you internship?
- I had to have at least 2 years of education towards a Civil Engineering degree.
- What is your favorite part about your internship experience?
- Part of my internship consists of going into the hills of Tuscany to check on work sites. I am in charge of double checking the builders’ work. It is honestly the most beautiful view. It still amazes me every single time!
- What is the most challenging part of your internship experience? How did you overcome these obstacles?
- All of my coworkers mainly speak Italian, and I know very little of the language. At times, it can be difficult to fully understand my responsibilities for certain projects. My coworkers are very accommodating, and they try to learn ways to communicate that work for both parties. Also, working on learning more Italian.
- How did you find your internship?
- Through my own self-guided research.
- Why was it beneficial for you to register for credit(s) through the Internship Program offered through the Career Center?
- It was beneficial because it eased up my number of credits that I had to take in my senior year.
- What advice would you give to a student who is in the process of applying to an internship?
- My biggest advice, be confident and stay motivated to find the right internship for you. Finding an internship is not always easy, but if you work hard you can find the one that fits best for you. Get those applications in!