About 34% of students who registered an internship for credit through the Career Center found their internship through NDSU Career Expos.
It’s only 7 days to Spring 2019 Career Expos, 😀Yay! With about 120+ employers attending on Day 1 and 230+ on Day 2, you are sure to meet the employer of your dreams and possibly land a post graduation job or an internship. For more information about Spring 2019 Career Expos, please download the Career Fair App on your mobile phone (Android on iPhone) or visit our website.
Benefits of Doing an Internship
Students may benefit from doing an internship before completing their degree due to the following reasons:
- By doing internships, students will have an opportunity of gaining valuable real world experience while working in a professional environment. Students will also benefit from learning more about the career paths they’re pursuing.
- Internships are an effective way to test drive possible jobs and explore different career options while gaining valuable experience, all at the same time.
- By doing an internship, students may have an opportunity to network and interact with professionals in their field of interest, boost their confidence, as well as find valuable references/referrals for future use.
- Doing an internship may be a valuable resume booster. Many employers look for valid work experience in their hiring efforts. An internship may provide just the experience you need to get that dream job after graduation.
- By doing an internship, students will have an opportunity of learning or improving soft skills that are highly valued by employers but difficult or impossible to teach in the classroom. Most employers expect an ideal post-degree job applicant to have these soft skills.
- Internships provide students opportunities and building blocks to help set the foundation for their career. It is also a good strategy to get your foot in the door with a company.
Overall, Internships are a great way to improve your chances as a job applicant and help make you a better potential employee. Whether you are looking for internships, full-time jobs or just an opportunity to network with employers, make the investment in your career by attending Spring 2019 Career Expos on February 5th and 6th, 2019. I Look forward to meeting you at the Career Expos!