Company: The Walt Disney Company
Location of Internship: Orlando Florida
Internship Title: Conservation Education Presenter
- Why did you choose the company that you worked for?
- I have always had a love for Disney, and knew that working for the happiest place on earth would be an amazing opportunity.
- What were some of your job requirements for your internship?
- I engaged in conversation with hundreds of guests daily about animal behavior, natural history of the animals, and the environment where the animals live. Also, I talked about what they could do to help with conservation causes.
- What was your favorite part about your internship experience?
- My favorite thing about this internship, was getting the opportunity to inspire people to take interest in the environment, and help save the planet.
- What was the most challenging part of your internship experience? How did you overcome these obstacles?
- Considering that I talked to so many people a day, I found myself feeling burnt out by the end of the day. To overcome this, I reminded myself that going to Walt Disney World can be a once in a lifetime opportunity for some guests, and that every interaction could be a chance to make someone’s day magical.
- How did you find your internship?
- Through my own self-guided research.
- why was it beneficial for you to register for credit(s) through the Internship Program offered through the Career Center?
- I decided to move to Florida after doing the Disney College Program, but I still wanted to finish my degree at NDSU. Registering for internship credits allowed me to stay a full-time student at NDSU, while completing my internship in Florida.
- What advice would you give to a student who is in the process of applying to an internship?
- Never give up! I had applied to my internship once before and did not get it. I took some time to improve my skills, applied, and eventually got the internship I always wanted!