Company: FedEx Services
Location of Internship: Minneapolis
Internship Title: Business Sales Intern
- On a Scale from 1-10, how rewarding did you find your internship experience to be? (1 being not rewarding at all, 10 being extremely rewarding)
- Why did you choose the company that you worked for?
- I chose this company because it offered a genuine experience in B2B selling with a quality culture. Also, the company offered an environment to learn something new everyday.
- What were some of your job requirements for your internship?
- I was required to meet with clients, facilitate in-depth discussions about transportation needs, and sell FedEx services to potential customers.
- What was your favorite part about your internship experience?
- My favorite part about my internship experience, was the rewarding feeling of generating over $30,000 in new sales in the short time I was with the FedEx sales team.
- What was the most challenging part of your internship? How did you overcome these obstacles?
- The most challenging part about my internship experience, was trying to learn the products that FedEx offers, and how they provide solutions for different types of businesses. However, FedEx provided quality training throughout my internship experience. They have a tremendous team to support me with questions, sales calls, and pushing me to be successful.
- How did you find your internship?
- Through my own self-guided research
- Why was it beneficial for you to register for credit(s) through the Internship Program offered through the Career Center?
- Registering my internship through the Career Center helped me achieve the sales certificate, and measure the progress I was making through my own internship experience.
- What advice would you give a student who is in the process of applying to an internship?
- My advice would be, apply to internships that you think will help you learn skills that you could use in your future profession.