>>> Due to COVID situation, we are still considering fall event plans – please watch for further communication regarding this event. <<<
- What is the Fall Career Expo, and which students attend?
- When and how do I receive information about the Fall Career Expo?
- How do I register for the Fall Career Expo?
- What is the registration fee and what does it include?
- How can I pay for the registration fee?
- What is the cancellation/refund policy?
- What are the advertising options?
- What is the Career Fair Plus app?
- What colleges and majors does NDSU offer?
- Where do I ship displays and materials for the Fall Career Expo?
- What are the lodging options in Fargo?
- Where can I unload my vehicle for the Fall Career Expo?
- Who should I contact to set up interviews after the Fall Career Expo?
- Who can I contact for help?
What is the Fall Career Expo and which students attend?
The Fall Career Expo is a two day event. It is open to all NDSU students, NDSU alumni, and students from area 2-year and 4-year institutions of higher education. This fair is not open to the general public.
The Fall Career Expo provides an excellent opportunity to connect employers with students to discuss or interview for current and/or future career-related employment and co-op or internship opportunities. Last year, over 250 employers and 1,300 students and alumni attended this event.
**NOTE: This event is only for bona fide employers looking to fill internships and full-time positions that require or prefer at least a four-year degree. Anyone wanting to participate for the sole purpose of promoting anything except jobs may not attend.**
***Third Party Recruiters may not attend this event.***
When and how do I receive information about the Fall Career Expo?
You will automatically receive registration information by email for the Fall Career Expo if you have an account set up in CAREERLINK. If you are not sure if you have a CAREERLINK account, please contact Briana Nupdal | firstname.lastname@example.org | 701.231.7172.
How do I register for the Fall Career Expo?
Registration will open for fall events on July 1, 2020.
What is the registration fee, and what does it include?
|Dates||Registration Type||1 Day 1 Booth||2 Days 1 Booth||1 Day
|8 a.m. May 1 to 4 p.m. July 31, 2020||Regular||$400||$550||$800||$1,100|
|4:01 p.m. July 31 to 4 p.m. Sept 1, 2020||Late||$500||$650||$1,000||$1,300|
- 10′ x 10′ booth space and one eight-foot table (booth must be manned at all times)
- Registration for up to two representatives ($10 per day for each additional rep)
- 2 chairs
- Tablecloth (limited supply available – first come/first serve)
- Electrical power
- Wireless internet access
Registrations submitted after 4 p.m. on Friday, July 31st, 2020 will be considered Late Registrations and will be charged a higher registration fee.
The late registration deadline is 4 p.m. on Tuesday, September 1st, 2020. You may contact Briana at email@example.com or 701.231.7172 to see if there is available space after this deadline.
The payment deadline is 4 p.m. on Thursday, September 3rd, 2020 and your payment must be paid in full to ensure access to your booth at the Expo.
How can I pay for the registration fee?
The registration fee must be paid by CREDIT CARD, DEBIT CARD, OR ELECTRONIC CHECK ONLY and received by 4 p.m. on September 3, 2020.
After your company’s registration has been approved, you will receive an automatically generated email with your invoice attached and the link to the payment site. If you do not receive this email within 48 hours of completing your registration, please check your spam/junk folder or contact Briana at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SPECIAL NOTE: If the registration fee has not been paid in full by the start of the event, you will not have access to your booth space until it is paid in full.
What is the cancellation/refund policy?
Cancellation notification is appreciated so we may inform students. Refund of the registration fee (MINUS a $50 administrative fee) will be given for cancellations received by 4 p.m. on Thursday, September 3, 2020. There is no refund of the registration fee for cancellations after 4 p.m. on Thursday, September 3, 2020.
What are the extra fees and advertising options?
|Extra Rep (per person/per day, limited to 4)||$10|
|Featured Sponsor (10 spots available – priority booth placement at event, logo displayed at event, on the Career and Advising Center website and included in the campus newspaper ad)||$1,000|
|Electronic, Website, and Newspaper Ad (logo displayed on our website, at the event and in campus newspaper ad)||$250|
|Newspaper Ad (logo in campus newspaper ad)||$100|
The deadline for purchasing an ad is Thursday, September 3, 2020 at 4 p.m.
If interested, select this option during registration and send us your logo with the following specs:
- Preferred format: eps vector file
- Or print quality 300 dpi jpeg or gif
- Email to email@example.com by September 3, 2020
What is the Career Fair Plus app?
The Career Fair Plus app includes the company description, majors you indicated that you are hiring for, position types and titles that you indicated that you are hiring for, and your company website. The information included in the app is taken from your event registration. You may make changes by updating your event registration or by letting Briana know at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may download the app to your Android or Apple device from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store. Be sure to check out the App Walkthrough video in the Career Fair 101 section of the app!
What colleges and majors does NDSU offer?
NDSU houses 7 distinct colleges with a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs.
Where do I ship displays and materials for the Career Expo?
NOTE: Any items shipped directly to the NDSU Career and Advising Center and/or the Fargodome will be REFUSED.
Shipping through FedEx Express:
- Contact Christopher Martins at email@example.com to arrange details and receive the shipping address. The Career and Advising Center will coordinate the delivery of items to the Fargodome from FedEx Express.
- There is no additional fee(s) – just standard shipping costs.
- Displays may be delivered to FedEx Express no earlier than Thursday, Sept. 17th.
Shipping through UPS:
- There will be a $25 fee (payable to The UPS Store) for delivery of display and/or materials to the Fargodome and a $25 fee for return shipment of display and/or materials from the Fargodome.
- Contact Jeff, The UPS Store at 701-235-9505 to arrange payment and receive shipping address. The Career and Advising Center will coordinate the delivery of items to the Fargodome.
- UNPAID SHIPMENTS WILL BE REFUSED by the UPS Store and not be delivered to the event.
- Displays may be shipped up to one week in advance of the event to the UPS Store.
What are the lodging options in Fargo?
Hotels near NDSU:
1831 NDSU Research Park Drive
Fargo, ND 58102
*Ask for NDSU rate.
2021 16th Street North
Fargo, ND 58102
You can view a listing of hotel/motel options on the following website: Fargo-Moorhead Convention & Visitors Bureau
Where can I unload my vehicle for the Career Expo?
- Unloading and parking will take place at the NORTH end of the Fargodome
- You may drive your vehicle into the loading dock entrance and drive down on the Fargodome floor
- Students will be available to assist in the unloading/loading process
- Parking is FREE; no permit required
Who should I contact to set up On-Campus Interviews (OCIs) after the Career Expo?
- Interviews for the Fall Career Expo will be conducted on the upper level of the Fargodome on September 23 and 24, 2020.
- To reserve interview table(s) along with your interviewing preferences, contact Pat Breen, Employer Partnerships Manager | firstname.lastname@example.org | 701.231.8464
Who can I contact for help?
If you need additional information or have a special request, please contact:
Briana Nupdal, Events Manager
Briana.Nupdal@ndsu.edu | 701.231.7172
Some of the links contained on this page will direct you away from the NDSU Career and Advising Center website. The linked sites are not under the control of the NDSU Career and Advising Center and we are not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. The NDSU Career and Advising Center is providing these links as a convenience and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by the NDSU Career and Advising Center